Monday, August 18, 2014

Blade Runner
So the question for today...
Is Deckard a replicant?
Are you? 

Am I?
Or are we human?
The film was written with the intention of confusing this quandary.
And well done. 

And it does raise some interesting questions.
I go where I should, I do what I'm told. 

I have always considered this an expression of my free will. 
Curious, 
N'est pas?
Why should I do what I think is right, when it seems so unfair?
And do I have a choice?
Where does morality come from?
I would submit...
that it comes from empathy.
From a sense of duty that comes from such empathy.
I owe all that I am to my environment.
And who am I to argue.
So that is the question for the day.
Who are we, really...
And to whom, or what, do we owe our existence?
I have a pretty good idea,
and this only raises the question,
why do I keep causing myself so much trouble?
So I continue to struggle for integration.
That would seem to be the missing piece.
Anybody out there interested?
Join me,
won't we?

PS: Have fun with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment